A large part of our confidence is linked to a fit body, an attractive face, and a healthy head of hair. However, as we reach middle age, or due to hormonal and nutritional problems, many of us experience hair fall and hair thinning. Bald patches start to show, broken and fallen hair is visible on pillows and floors and you definitely start to worry about going bald!
Hair growth and renewal is regulated by several factors such as health, fitness, nutritional intake, lifestyle factors, as well as genetics. Some tips to make hair thicker can be found below:
- Eat a well-balanced diet full of proteins such as eggs, lean meats, pulses, fatty fish and green leafy vegetables like spinach and mustard greens.
- One of the most underrated tips to make hair thicker is drinking a lot of water. Systemic dehydration often leads to dull, lifeless and dry hair which is more prone to breaking and falling.
- Another age old trick from traditional tips to make hair thicker is regular massage with any oil. 30-45 minutes of massage with coconut, olive or mustard oil promotes healthy blood flow to the scalp which allows hair to grow stronger and thicker.
In the arsenal of home-remedies in every household, several effective remedies for hair thinning can be found!
- Aloe-vera gel, freshly removed from the heart of the aloe vera leaf, can be applied to the balding areas of the scalp and left for 2-3 hours before washing off. This is one of the easiest home remedies for hair thinning.
- The juice of onions and garlic is rich in sulfur and selenium which are essential for hair growth. Apply freshly squeezed juice of onions or garlic to the thinning spots to promote fresh hair growth.
Several topical remedies for hair thinning can be found over the counter, especially for hair thinning treatment for men. However, it is always better to consult a hair expert doctor if you feel like you’re experiencing hair fall at an alarming rate. A hair expert doctor will examine your scalp and observe the areas of thinning to determine what the cause of your hair fall is and treat it accordingly. A hair expert doctor may also be required to prescribe you the necessary blood tests and evaluations needed to test your hormone and nutrition levels. In most cases, hair thinning treatment for men involves the use of topical agent minoxidil, which increases blood flow to the scalp and leads to enlargement of the follicles. Oral medication containing a herbal extract known as saw palmetto, as well as the drug called finasteride can be used to block the conversion of testosterone into dihydrotestosterone when considering hair loss treatment in men. This hormone is the one that is responsible for the hair loss.
Nowadays, several options are available for hair thinning treatment in men and women. Consult a hair expert doctor soon to begin your treatment as early as possible!